As of March 1, delinquent tax payments are payable only to the Livingston County Treasurer, 200 E Grand River, Howell, Michigan 48843-2398; phone 517-546-7010. Call to verify amount due.
Delinquent personal property taxes are payable only to the Hartland Township Treasurer. Call to verify amount due.
Hartland Township now offers six options for making your tax payments:
1. Credit/Debit Card Online. Click here and use jurisdiction code 7058.
2. Credit/Debit Card by Phone. Call 1-800-2PAY-TAX (1-800-272-9829) and use jurisdiction code 7058.
There is a nominal transaction fee charged for online and phone payments. Click here for more information. Hartland Township cannot assume the cost of credit card transaction fees because the fees would have to be paid from the General Fund. This is not viewed as an appropriate use of Township funds as it benefits only some, not all, of the residents.
3. Electronic Check. Available online or by phone.
4. Mail. Mail checks payable to: "Hartland Township Treasurer", 2655 Clark Road, Hartland, Michigan 48353. (Do not send cash.) If a receipt is desired, please enclose a self-addressed, stamped envelope with your check.
Please write your Property I.D. Number on your check for reference. Payment will be recorded on the date received-not the date it is mailed or the date the check is written. Postmarks will not be accepted. Checks are accepted only as a conditional payment. If not honored and cancelled through the bank, the tax remains unpaid and subject to penalties and/or interest. The Township will assess a $25.00 fee each time a check is returned to us unpaid. Future payments will be applied to outstanding returned check charges prior to crediting your tax bill. Any payments received after March 1st will be returned, as the Township is required to stop tax collection of the last day of February each year.
5. In Person. Bring your tax bill with you to the Treasurer's Department along with payment, between 9:00 am and 5:00pm, Monday through Thursday.
6. After Hours Drop Box. We encourage payments in the night deposit box located at the front of the building, near the main entrance, on Clark Road. These payments will be applied on the next Township work day. If you desire a stamped receipt, please enclose a stamped self-addressed envelope with your payment.
7. Pay at the Bank. Payments are also accepted at the Hartland branches of Chase Bank and First National Bank, both located on M-59 in Hartland Township.